Sunday, July 25, 2010

What I want to learn to sing...

I used to sing ALOT. I fell out of it, oddly enough, when I started taking guitar lessons in 2006. I had a teacher who played guitar that just mesmerized me and I lost my own voice, in a way. I stopped creating by instinct and began trying to "play" the guitar as written in a book. I stopped taking lessons last fall. The expectations are starting to fall away and I am itching to get back to playing from my heart, not just from my head. As part of that process and in order to bring the fun back into singing and playing, I am going to learn some songs on the guitar like I did when I first started learning the instrument in 7th grade. I am going to make a list of songs starting with the following...

songs I want to learn:

*Say a Little Prayer for You
*You've Got a Friend
*All I Really Need is a Song in My Heart
*When Somebody Loved Me
*Shower the People You Love with Love
*Hold Out

It's time to get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment