Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Losing yourself to find yourself.

I have been thinking about this principle that I have heard about for a long time. I thought I knew what it meant. But I think I am just beginning to know. I am preparing to enter a new field. I am training to be a substance abuse counselor. I have spoken to two counselors in the field as part of an assignment for the program. These are individuals who know what it is to lose themselves. I know it can't be an unhealthy thing but I realize that I have just begun to scratch the surface.

Yes, I am a mother of five. I teach yoga. I have tried to fill my life with doing good. There is more to go - more growth, more learning, more giving. I am both looking forward to this new experience while also knowing that I have to be wise not to get burned out. It is a new adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment