Monday, July 5, 2010

The ability to speak my mind.

It has become clear to me that the silent, quietly suffering woman in the corner of the room works in the movies but not in real life. At least, not for me, in my current life. If I want life to be good, I have to express my needs and even desires. Of course, I can't be tyrannical. If I do my best to have everyone's best interests in mind then chances are good that my needs will be to help other needs be met. My personal needs are my responsibility and they are simple - good health and continued progress - what I usually need help with is taking care of the family. In short, I understand that I need to let my husband know what I expect of him as a father and husband. I hate to say but I'm usually right. So sorry to admit that. But it is true. My desire is the happiness and well-being of my family so, even my personal upkeep is to that end. I take care of myself so I can better take care of others. Once in awhile, I get to have a good time as well - like going on roller coasters with my kids at Knott's Berry Farm! So, anyway, my point is this, it's OK to speak my mind to my husband. It's not unromantic or less magical. It's necessary, smart and will allow us to continue to build our lives together and care for our family. That's a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment