Monday, July 12, 2010

happy

I have to say, when I read other people's writing, I realize that basically, I am happy. It is not a glamorous life. I am a stay at home mom who does her best to get out some but still remain
basically a stay at home mom. It is what I wanted. I have never had a full time job outside of home. The closest I got was two part time jobs for a month before we had kids. I quit one job
to return to school. I don't have a lot of fancy stuff. I shop at the discount stores and sale racks. We have a modest house that more than serves our needs. We could use a new couch but that will have to wait until our oldest daughter is done with college. I don't cook the fanciest of stuff but I try to make what tastes good with simplicity and as few ingredients as possible. I don't have an amazing garden even though I would love it. I don't have time.

But here is what I DO have! I have five children who appear to be amazing to me. They are just good people, in spite of all my failings, of their parents failings. I have a purpose. I have enough to do outside of the family to keep my needs for growth satisfied. I have a husband who hasn't given up. I have a family and a good reason to live. I am happy. Life is not fancy but it has all the most important elements.

No comments:

Post a Comment