Monday, August 2, 2010

Atonement

I attended a Prenatal Teacher Training (yoga) this past weekend. We learned about deep procession work, among other things. It involves imagining yourself talking to someone you have unresolved issues with in order to work things out and hopefully, feel better. We didn't have all the time in the world so we were encouraged to choose a person that we can handle in just a little bit of time. I chose someone minor in my life to have this therapeutic conversation with - our partners pretended to be this person and just listened with no responses. It was interesting and exhausting. I wanted to just sleep when I got home and didn't want to talk to anyone. My point is this. I don't really have that much baggage. It would seem so because of all that has happened to me in my life. But it has all been other people's stuff dumping on me. On my own, as an individual I have not really messed up my life. I actually feel quite light. It is a good feeling. Additionally, as I went through a mental list of people to have issues with - parents, significant others, etc -I realized that I've pretty much resolved them in my heart. I don't have any really serious issues with anyone. That's a good feeling too. Lastly, I understand a little more why we need the atonement of Jesus Christ. The reason I can be so well, in spite of all the bad stuff that has happened to me is because the Savior suffered not only for my sins but for my suffering as well. I have felt his healing power come into my life when I have suffered at the hands of others. I really am all right and that is a miracle. Through the atonement of Jesus Christ I really am made whole. I love Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment